HARRISON, N.Y. – Fordham University’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies will host its Fall Healthcare Workshop Series on various dates and times now through December. The programs are for professionals and the general public.
Called the Intensive Experience in Healthcare Innovation, the series offers both weeknight and weekend sessions. All the workshop topics are based on intensive interviews with current senior healthcare professionals.
The workshops are designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the key dynamics of the current healthcare industry. All of the workshops will provide vital insights into the current healthcare arena and will be valuable not only for people already in healthcare careers but for those who are considering transitioning to the field or work in healthcare related industries.
The following courses are offered:
- The Healthcare Workshop Series: Data Analytics in Healthcare, 7 to 9:45 p.m., Oct. 13 through 27 and Nov. 3, provide participants with an introductory capacity to identify and describe the structure and conduct of quantitative analytical methods relevant to the business of healthcare.
- Teambuilding and Effective Communication in the New Healthcare Marketplace: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 24, examines various models of leadership as demonstrated by a panel of present day leaders of major healthcare organizations.
- Navigating the Healthcare System: Professional Caregivers’ Evolving Roles: 6 to 8:45 p.m., Nov. 5, provides a comprehensive introduction to the new types of caregiver roles that are evolving in many institutions and provider venues, with a special focus on the roles of MDs, DOs, physician assistants, visiting nurses, certified nursing assistants (CNAs), healthcare navigators, and social workers.
- Healthcare Information Systems and Data Security: 7 to 9:45 p.m., Nov. 10 and Nov. 17, presented by legal experts and information technology professionals who will enable participants to gain an introductory knowledge of technology-based methods used for vital functions in various aspects of the healthcare delivery system.
- Healthcare Policy and Regulatory Issues: 7 to 9:45 p.m., Dec. 1 and 8, examines current political, legal, technological and economic healthcare policy developments and provides familiarity with legal, ethical and policy issues in the changing landscape of healthcare.
- Healthcare Marketing, Social Media, and Ethics: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Dec. 5, provides an introduction to the methods and strategies associated with healthcare marketing and patient information sources. The issue of the medicalization of society will also be examined.
Those who complete all six will receive a certificate of completion for the program.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 367-3301. To register online visit: www.pcs.fordham.edu/healthcare.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.