HARRISON, N.Y. -- A new luxury fitness studio has opened in Harrison with the mission of improving members’ physical fitness level, mental wellness and overall health.
TotalFusion Studios , open as of Monday, April 18, is all about specially designed combination classes that offer different exercise elements to create a more optimal workout. That means, for example, 30 minutes of cycling to warm you up and work your muscles followed by 30 minutes of yoga to cool you down and stretch your muscles.
Among the classes offered:
- TotalFusion Body: A dynamic class featuring 30 minutes cycle plus 30 minute strength class
- TotalFusion Mind: An invigorating class featuring 30 minutes cycle plus 30 minute yoga
- TotalFusion Rhythm: A dance inspired class featuring rhythmic moves.
- TotalFusion Groove: A fun filled hip-hop choreographed dance class.
- TotalFusion Energy: An intense class that utilizes HIIT, Tabata, functional training and your own body weight.
The philosophy behind the workouts have been carefully designed by Founders Dima Teitelman, M.D., a leading cardiologist, and Allen Coopersmith, M.D., an anesthesiologist and pain management expert.
According to President and CEO Alex Bayer, a Rye resident, the Harrison location was chosen for its central location to Mamaroneck, Rye, and Rye Brook. "We are a studio that cares about the local community," he said.
To that end, the company is an active partner in the local Westchester community and plans to partner with a charitable organization each month to host a TotalFusion Cares event. Already, the gym is aligned with area local teachers, police officers, firefighters, and EMT.
TotalFusion Studios is at 347 Halstead Ave., (914) 315-1360, www.totalfusionstudios.com/ .