HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Library will be hosting many events for the month of February.
Celebrate Black History Month with the following films:
- "W.E.B. Du Bois: A Man for All Times" on Sunday at 2 p.m. This is an M&M Production about the life and times of civil rights leader W.E.B. Du Bois. It is sponsored by the Friends of the Harrison Public Library.
- "Selma" on Saturday, Feb. 20, at 1 p.m. This is a chronicle of Martin Luther King's campaign to secure equal voting rights via an epic march. It stars David Oyelowo. It's rated PG 13 and is 128 minutes.
Watch an Oscar-nominated film every Wednesday:
- Feb. 10, at 1 p.m., "The Martian"
- Feb. 17, at 1 p.m., "Inside Out"
- Feb. 24, at 6:30 p.m., "Steve Jobs"
Valentine's Classical Music Concert:
- Sunday, Feb. 14, at 2 p.m., Masters & Miniatures classical music series presented by Vadim Ghin Music.
- Film: "The Intern," Thursday, Feb. 18, at 1 p.m, starring Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway. Rated PG-13.
- Film Movement: "Breathe," Sunday, Feb. 28, at 1:30 p.m.: A taut, nuanced story about the depths of female friendships and the dark side of teenage infatuations. Directed by Melanie Laurent. France, 2014, 91 minutes.
Clubs and Classes:
- Millenium Book Club: Wednesday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m., "The Dinner" by Herman Koch
- Stitch Me Knot (Knit & Crochet Club), Thursdays at 1 p.m.
- Arm Knitting, Wednesday, Feb. 17, 6:30 p.m.
- English Conversation Partners, Mondays, 11 a.m.
- English & Citizenship Class (BOCES), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 a.m.
- English For Japanese Speakers, Fridays at 9:45 a.m.
- Learn Spanish, Mondays, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Learn Python (Computer Programming), Sundays at 1 p.m.
- Drop-in Tech Help, Tuesdays, 10-noon.
- Open Computer Lab (Use Adobe Creative Cloud Apps), Thursdays from 2-5 p.m.
All films are being shown in the Richard E. Halperin Memorial Library Building of the Harrison Public Library, 2 Bruce Ave., Harrison. Call 914-835-0324 or click here. Refreshments will be provided by Friends of the Harrison Public Library.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.