WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here are five of the biggest upcoming events in Westchester County.
1. Katonah Museum's 60th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee, Saturday, May 10 at 6:30 p.m.
Celebrate 60 years of art and culture at the Katonah Museum with a silent auction, an hors d’oeuvres and cocktail hour in the sculpture garden and a four-course dinner followed by dancing. For tickets, contact Christina Makrakis at 914-232-9555 ext. 2968. 134 Jay Street.
2. Opening Day of Larchmont's Down to Earth Farmers Market, Saturday, May 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Larchmont’s Down to Earth Farmers Market will be celebrating their opening with live music by violinist Brian Vegh. Make sure to make a Mother's Day card for Mom at the creation station under the Market Manager’s tent where there will be paper, glue sticks, glitter, markers and more. Parking Lot off Chatsworth Avenue - entrance on Myrtle Boulevard.
3. Lightscapes at Croton-on-Hudson's Van Cortlandt Manor, Friday and Saturday, May 9-10 at 8 p.m.
From the creators of the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze, Van Cortlandt Manor will light up on Friday in a new and exciting springtime experience. Take a journey into a fantasy garden featuring colorful creatures and fantastic flowers. Tickets purchased online after April 10: Adults, $16; Children 3-17, $12. Tickets purchased onsite or by phone: Adults, $18; Children 3-17, $1. Free for children under 3 and members. 525 S. Riverside.
4. Rye Playland's 2014 Opening Day, Saturday, May 10 at noon.
Celebrate Playland's opening day for the 2014 season with $15 ride admission. Moms ride free on Mother's Day, May 11 as well. 100 Playland Parkway.
5. Junior League of Bronxville’s Trails To Treasures Shopping Event, Friday, May 9 at 10 a.m.
Shop for a cause! Proceeds from Trails to Treaures help to fund the Junior League’s mission and outreach, which focuses on alleviating hunger and improving nutrition in Southern Westchester. The event begins with a champagne brunch at the Bronxville Field Club before attendees are told the location of the six estate homes where the shopping will take place. Tickets for Trails to Treasures are available here. The cost per ticket is $50 for an individual ($60 at the door). 40 Locust Lane.
I'm sure we missed some big events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line