HARRISON, N.Y. -- The National Junior Honor Society is hosting a 5K run through Harrison's Stonewall Circle on Sunday, April 27.
The fun run, which begins at 9 a.m. Sunday, April 27 at 1 Park Lane in West Harrison, is set to raise money for Pancreatica, which will donate 100 of donations to pancreatic cancer research, according to a press release. The NJHS is a group of eighth grade boys who are trying to raise awareness and raise money for pancreatic cancer research.
"Pancreatic Cancer is the leading death amongst all cancers and it doesn't have that much attention, but if you look at the facts you will be very surprised with how terrible this is," representatives said in a press release. "Pancreatic cancer is a life threatening disease that is either inherited or acquired. You can acquire this disease by smoking too. Your pancreas is greatly effected by this. So we are here to help out and create events to help support the disease and do what we can to help."
To learn more about the run, residents are asked to visit the group's website.
- 1 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case