HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison's Fourth of July celebration Thursday will mark the start of a summer of free concerts in the town's parks.
The festivities will begin with a concert by Reunion, a Harrison-based band specializing in rock from the 1960's and 1970's, as well as rhythm and blues. They will perform at 7:45 p.m. in Riis Park, followed by fireworks at 9 p.m. in the Claremont Shopping Center on Halstead Avenue.
For the following seven weeks, Harrison Recreation will host concerts Wednesday nights in Riis Park and Thursday nights on the West Harrison Village Green. All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Here's the list of acts performing in Harrison this summer:
- July 10: Back to the Garden
- July 11: Sundown
- July 17: Emilio Magnotta
- July 18: Rat Race Choir
- July 24: Reddy Valentino Orchestra
- July 25: N.Y. Music featuring Don Felice
- July 31: The Wanderers
- Aug. 1: Patrick Perone
- Aug. 7: Day Camp Show
- Aug. 8: Day Camp Show and Frank Trapani
- Aug. 14: Club Dennis (Starts at 6:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 15: Alive N' Kicking
- Aug. 21: Jackie DiMaggio
- Aug. 22: Hindenberg with special guest Three for All (Starts at 6:30 p.m.)
Harrison Recreation will also host free movie screenings on Aug. 28 at Brentwood Pool and on Aug. 29 at Ron Belmont Pool. The movies that will be shown will be announced at a later date. The screenings will begin at 8 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.