HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Library is set to host a screening of the Turkish film "Watchtower" on Sunday, March 16.
The film will be presented in Turkish with English subtitles at 2 p.m. at the Harrison Public LIbrary at 2 Bruce Ave. in Harrison. An informal discussion will follow the screening of the film.
Here is a synopsis of the film, courtesy the Harrison Public Library:
"Haunted by a tragic incident, Nihat isolated himself by becoming a fire warden in a remote observation tower far out in the wilderness. Seher lives in a makeshift room at a rural bus station, and she has taken a job as a bus hostess to escape her own traumatic past. Destined to come to a crossroads, they go about their solitary lives until their fates collide."
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale
- 5 Harrison Youth Council Honors Family Counselor Sabina Perez