HARRISON, N.Y. -- The town/village of Harrison is preparing for its annual Spring Spruce weekend.
The cleanup runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23. Target areas for the weekend include downtown Harrison's Ma Riis Park, Veterans Park and several other areas around the town and village.
"Please join the Town/Village of Harrison by coming out to show your support in tidying up our roadways, parks, wooded areas and streams," representatives said. "Clean up crew leaders will be at all locations and will provide lawn bags and instructions for sprucing up. Come full of energy and prepared to make a difference. Take pride in Harrison's appearance and pitch in."
The following is a list of target areas for the cleanup:
- Ma Riis Park
- Veterans Park
- The stream behind Louis M. Klein Middle School
- Beaver Swamp Brook Corridor
- West Street (near the I-95 bridge)
- The Boulevard in West Harrison
- Silver Lake
- Underhill Avenue
- The Village Green
Contact the Mayor's Office with additional areas that may need attention. For more information or to volunteer, call Supervisor/Mayor Belmont at 914-670-3009 or visit the Supervisor/Mayor's Office at Town Hall.
- 1 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case