WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Mental Health Association of Westchester will host a mega yoga event on Court Street in the middle of White Plains on Wednesday, June 18 at 5:30 p.m.
This year, the teacher is renowned yogi, Matthew Sanford. Sanford is the author of the book, "Waking: A Memoir of Trauma and Transcendence," in which he tells the story of the car accident in which he was paralyzed from the chest down and the subsequent waking of both mind and body through yoga.
Pre-registration is $20 or $25 the day of the event. Participants under 12 are $10. The first 500 registrants receive a free mat and gift bag.
After the yoga class, the ensemble will invite everyone to stay and dance.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale
- 4 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 5 Harrison Youth Council Honors Family Counselor Sabina Perez