WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state is full of fun facts and history that both natives and out-of-state residents may not be aware of, reports Movoto.
According to the report, Westchester native Washington Irving created the term "Gotham" for New York City as an insult; Washington Square Park, Bryant Park, Union Square Park and Madison Square Park were all cemeteries at one time; and women can go topless as long as it's not for business purposes.
To read more fun facts about New York state, click here.
- 1 Harrison Ranked Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Westchester Teams Rank High In MaxPreps Football
- 3 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 National Weather Service: Harrison's Winter Won't Be So Bad