WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state is full of fun facts and history that both natives and out-of-state residents may not be aware of, reports Movoto.
According to the report, Westchester native Washington Irving created the term "Gotham" for New York City as an insult; Washington Square Park, Bryant Park, Union Square Park and Madison Square Park were all cemeteries at one time; and women can go topless as long as it's not for business purposes.
To read more fun facts about New York state, click here.
- 1 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 2 Jeanine Pirro's Home In Harrison Listed By Coldwell Banker Agent
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Harrison