WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state is full of fun facts and history that both natives and out-of-state residents may not be aware of, reports Movoto.
According to the report, Westchester native Washington Irving created the term "Gotham" for New York City as an insult; Washington Square Park, Bryant Park, Union Square Park and Madison Square Park were all cemeteries at one time; and women can go topless as long as it's not for business purposes.
To read more fun facts about New York state, click here.
- 1 Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired In Harrison
- 2 Voters Say Purchase Free Library Should Not Be Evicted From Community House
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads