WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state is full of fun facts and history that both natives and out-of-state residents may not be aware of, reports Movoto.
According to the report, Westchester native Washington Irving created the term "Gotham" for New York City as an insult; Washington Square Park, Bryant Park, Union Square Park and Madison Square Park were all cemeteries at one time; and women can go topless as long as it's not for business purposes.
To read more fun facts about New York state, click here.
- 1 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Harrison
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways