HARRISON, N.Y. -- Nothing says spring like rosè. So says Anthony D’Arpino, co-owner of Harrison Wine Vault , who tastes about 100 wines per week as a way to offer his customers great, drinkable wines.
A sampling of his suggestions include:
- Pomponette Rosè 2014: An annual favorite, this Provençal rosè is classic pale pink in color with great aromatics.
- Van Duzer Pinot Noir Rosè 2014: A Pinot Noir-based rosè made from using limited grape skin contact. Produces a dry, crisp rosè with flavors of raspberry, strawberry and mineral notes.
- Laporte Sancerre Rosè 2014: Made from 100 percent Pinot Noir – pink salmon in color with delicate, crisp aromas with notes of fresh strawberries, smooth with a dry finish.
- Tormaresca Negroamaro Rosato 2014: Elegant and refined with floral hints of rose and lavender. Fresh and well balanced with good acidity, and very refreshing.
- Domaine Saint Andre de Figuiere ‘Magali’ Rosè 2014: A classic Cotes du Provence rosè made from Cinsault, Syrah, Cabernet and Grenache. Salmon pink in color with a bouquet of citrus fruits and red fruit. Fresh and smooth on the palate.
The White Plains resident, who owns the store with his wife, Carly, also recommends the following for pairing with light, fresh foods.
- Carlton Cellars Cape Lookout Pinot Noir 2011: An elegant and refined Pinot Noir with a silky mouth feel, bright red berry flavors with hints of dark fruit and chocolate. Very flavorful and complex.
- Pabiot Pouilly Fume 2013 : An elegant medium-bodied Sauvignon Blanc, very well balanced with complex aromas of citrus and green apples. On the palate it has rich and complex flavors ending in a long finish.
- San Guiliano Arneis 2013: Bright, straw yellow in color, aromas of minerals and flowers. Crisp and bright. Very refreshing on a hot day.
- La Val Albarino 2013: Crisp and refreshing with good acidity. Perfect with shellfish. Citrus flavors with a hint of minerality. An ideal summer refresher.
- Enrico Serafino Gavi 2014: 100% Cortese grape. A fresh medium-bodied white with great floral notes and acidity.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.