HARRISON, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Harrison’s Ralph Harry Friedgen!
Ralph Harry Friedgen, who was born in Harrison, turns 67 on Friday.
Friedgen, a football coach was born April 4, 1947. He is currently the offensive coordinator for Rutgers University. He was the head coach at the University of Maryland from 2000 to 2010. Affectionately known as "The Fridge," Friedgen was previously an offensive coordinator at Maryland, Georgia Tech, and in the National Football League with the San Diego Chargers.
In 2004, a 13–7 Maryland win over Wake Forest gave Friedgen his 36th win as head coach, made him the winningest fourth-year coach in Atlantic Coast Conference history.
Friedgen received numerous "Coach of the Year" plaudits including the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award, the Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year, The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award, and the Walter Camp Coach of the Year. In 2004, a 13–7 win over Wake Forest gave Friedgen his 36th win as head coach, which made him the winningest fourth-year coach in conference history.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member