HARRISON, N.Y. – Advanced Dentistry of Westchester will provide donated gifts to underprivileged children throughout the county for the 17th consecutive holiday season.
“These kids really look forward to it every year,” said Dr. Sabrina Magid, who works with her father, Dr. Kenneth Magid. “In the past, sometimes we got 20 leaf bags filled with toys. It’s amazing and they really depend on us for this.”
The toys are brought to local shelters and Green Chimneys – a company focused on animal-assisted therapy and activities.
People have until the middle of December to drop off the new, unwrapped toys, Magid said. Anyone who drops off a gift receives $10 toward any dental service at the office, which has been in Harrison for 40 years.
“We have piles already,” said Magid. “I’m not sure we’ll have quite the 20 bags we’ve had in the past, but we’re hoping to get close. The times are tough for everyone right now between the economy and Sandy and everything else.”
Her favorite part of the annual “Share Your Smile” drive is the good feeling it brings.
“It’s a nice thing to do,” she said of the program. “It’s important to help our community and help the kids in it. It’s something that gives them a little hope, a little happiness.”
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester