HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Brandon Merluccio was named a gold medal award winner by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for his achievements in engineering and mathematics.
He received the honor at the New York regional Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards ceremony.
As a gold medalist, Merluccio was also presented with a monetary scholarship to support his plans to pursue a degree in engineering.
The Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards program offers educational grants to Hispanic high school seniors chosen by regional selection committees based on their academic achievement, leadership, community service, category focus, and an essay about the important role their heritage played in their success.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Harrison's Manhattanville Dance Concert Starts Nov. 20