HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Brandon Merluccio was named a gold medal award winner by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for his achievements in engineering and mathematics.
He received the honor at the New York regional Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards ceremony.
As a gold medalist, Merluccio was also presented with a monetary scholarship to support his plans to pursue a degree in engineering.
The Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards program offers educational grants to Hispanic high school seniors chosen by regional selection committees based on their academic achievement, leadership, community service, category focus, and an essay about the important role their heritage played in their success.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Harrison