HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Brandon Merluccio was named a gold medal award winner by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for his achievements in engineering and mathematics.
He received the honor at the New York regional Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards ceremony.
As a gold medalist, Merluccio was also presented with a monetary scholarship to support his plans to pursue a degree in engineering.
The Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards program offers educational grants to Hispanic high school seniors chosen by regional selection committees based on their academic achievement, leadership, community service, category focus, and an essay about the important role their heritage played in their success.
- 1 Police Investigating Reports Of Shots Fired In Harrison
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Voters Say Purchase Free Library Should Not Be Evicted From Community House
- 4 Rough Rides Abound After Brutal Winter Takes Toll On Westchester Roads
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train