HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Brandon Merluccio was named a gold medal award winner by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for his achievements in engineering and mathematics.
He received the honor at the New York regional Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards ceremony.
As a gold medalist, Merluccio was also presented with a monetary scholarship to support his plans to pursue a degree in engineering.
The Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards program offers educational grants to Hispanic high school seniors chosen by regional selection committees based on their academic achievement, leadership, community service, category focus, and an essay about the important role their heritage played in their success.
- 1 Harrison Residents Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Quenas In Harrison Reviewed By The New York Times
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed