HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison High School senior Brandon Merluccio was named a gold medal award winner by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for his achievements in engineering and mathematics.
He received the honor at the New York regional Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards ceremony.
As a gold medalist, Merluccio was also presented with a monetary scholarship to support his plans to pursue a degree in engineering.
The Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards program offers educational grants to Hispanic high school seniors chosen by regional selection committees based on their academic achievement, leadership, community service, category focus, and an essay about the important role their heritage played in their success.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Manhattanville College Hosts Press Conference On Combating Sexual Assaults
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police