HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Library staff always is there to answer your questions, but what do we really know about them?
Library Director Galina Chernykh will provide some of those answers each week for the next month. This week: Donna Laygues, the principal library clerk who has been at the library for 27 years.
- Describe working at the library in three words or less: Satisfying, challenging, educational.
- What is the best part of your job: Interaction with the public. Looking through new books coming into the library.
- Favorite recent reads: "You Changed My Life" by Abdel Sellou, "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand, "Hunting Eve" by Iris Johansen and anything by James Patterson.
- What is the most memorable reference question/request you've ever had from a patron: To explain what the family jewels were.
- A book about your life would be called: On the road
- Something most people would not know about you : Shy, an avid reader, animal lover.
- Hobbies, talents, special interests: Reading and collecting signed and numbered first-edition books.
- Three words to best describe you: Passionate, dedicated and committed.
- Ability you wish you had: Be artistic.
- Something you always wanted to try: Hot air ballooning.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.