WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Weschester County.
- Real estate sales in Westchester County jumped 14 percent in the first quarter compared to last year, according to the first quarter report from the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors.
- Westchester County police released a sketch Wednesday of the man who was found dead along the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers earlier this month and are seeking the public's help in identifying him.
- The New York Lottery announced Thursday that a top prize-winning ticket worth $30,470 was sold at Trotta's West Street Pharmacy in Harrison -- but no winner has stepped forward.
- Westchester County police arrested a Bronx man Thursday morning after they said he fled from a traffic stop on the Cross County Parkway and crashed into a tree.
- An Armonk man and former Scarsdale resident was arraigned Wednesday on a 14-count indictment following a wrong-way crash on Interstate 684 in Bedford on Dec. 13 in which a Mount Kisco woman was killed.
- Kathleen Dymes of Croton-on-Hudson was sentenced to five years' probation in the death of Lacey Carr, her 6-year-old daughter, in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Tuesday.
- Assemblywoman Amy Paulin, D-88th District, announced that legislation she authored to help physicians and health care workers better identify human trafficking victims, was passed by the state Assembly on Tuesday.
- A Yonkers resident and former New York Police Department officer was sentenced to nine years in state prison Wednesday for firing shots at two New Rochelle residents while off duty nearly two years ago.
- Key Food Stores Co-operative Inc. has opened its first Key Food in Port Chester at 130 Midland Ave.