HARRISON, N.Y. – More than 1,600 Con Edison customers remained without power in Harrison Wednesday morning, more than a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 1,609 out of 9,470 Con Edison customers were without power in Harrison at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 2,469 Tuesday morning.
Utility officials estimate 36,734 out of 348,198 Con Edison customers in Westchester were without power at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 52,868 Tuesday morning.
Con Ed officials said crews are working around the clock to restore power and will get help Wednesday from 300 mutual aid workers. Despite the additional help, the predicted arrival of a Nor’easter Wednesday could dampen progress.
- 1 Professor, 63, Charged With Public Lewdness By Harrison Police
- 2 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 3 Harrison Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim