HARRISON, N.Y. – More than 1,600 Con Edison customers remained without power in Harrison Wednesday morning, more than a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 1,609 out of 9,470 Con Edison customers were without power in Harrison at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 2,469 Tuesday morning.
Utility officials estimate 36,734 out of 348,198 Con Edison customers in Westchester were without power at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 52,868 Tuesday morning.
Con Ed officials said crews are working around the clock to restore power and will get help Wednesday from 300 mutual aid workers. Despite the additional help, the predicted arrival of a Nor’easter Wednesday could dampen progress.
- 1 Harrison Luncheonette Owner Credits Loyal Customers As Key To Success
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect