HARRISON, N.Y. – More than 1,600 Con Edison customers remained without power in Harrison Wednesday morning, more than a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 1,609 out of 9,470 Con Edison customers were without power in Harrison at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 2,469 Tuesday morning.
Utility officials estimate 36,734 out of 348,198 Con Edison customers in Westchester were without power at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, down from 52,868 Tuesday morning.
Con Ed officials said crews are working around the clock to restore power and will get help Wednesday from 300 mutual aid workers. Despite the additional help, the predicted arrival of a Nor’easter Wednesday could dampen progress.
- 1 Mourners Gather In Harrison, Seeking Solace After Hochman Shooting Deaths
- 2 More Than 1,000 Attend Slain Sisters' Funeral In Harrison
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Hochman Sisters Of Harrison During Calling Hours
- 4 Bishop Asks Harrison To Recall Hochman Sisters' Goodness At Funeral
- 5 Harrison Vigil To Remember Slain Hochman Sisters