Update: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The accident scene in Greenwich has been cleared, DOT said.
Original story: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The northbound Merritt Parkway is congested in Greenwich on Tuesday afternoon after a one-car motor vehicle accident blocked the right lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The backup is for about 3 miles from about Exit 27 for King Street/Route 120A to Exit 29 for Lake Avenue. The accident was reported between Exits 28 and 29 at about 3:50 p.m., DOT said.
The accident has been cleared after less than an hour, but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 Harrison High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 2 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Harrison; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Police Release More Photos Of Gun-Toting Woman Who Robbed Greenwich Bank
- 5 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck