Update: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The accident scene in Greenwich has been cleared, DOT said.
Original story: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The northbound Merritt Parkway is congested in Greenwich on Tuesday afternoon after a one-car motor vehicle accident blocked the right lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The backup is for about 3 miles from about Exit 27 for King Street/Route 120A to Exit 29 for Lake Avenue. The accident was reported between Exits 28 and 29 at about 3:50 p.m., DOT said.
The accident has been cleared after less than an hour, but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Bar Scuffle Puts Harrison Police, Town Board At Odds
- 5 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend