PURCHASE, N.Y. -- Manhattanville College has long been known for its strong liberal arts curriculum, but Dr. Anthony Davidson, MBA, is on a mission to make sure the world knows about its School of Business as well.
"We became a school of business a little over a year ago with the support of the faculty and the trustees," Davidson, Dean of the School of Business at Manhattanville told Daily Voice. "I'd like to think we meet the needs of our Fortune 500 and 100 neighbors and their businesses."
Since taking over the School of Business, Davidson has continued the work of building a school that now boasts faculty from companies like the NFL, Major League Baseball, Verizon, Morgan Stanley, MasterCard and PepsiCo.
Davidson and his staff now offer programs and initiatives at both the undergraduate and graduate levels that help prepare both traditional and non-traditional students for success after graduation.
"We have the Women's Leadership Institute, we have the Institute for Managing Risk, we have a non-profit management certificate," Davidson said. "The School of Business has something to appeal to everybody; whether you're a student or a corporation looking to make a difference internally or looking to send people."
Davidson also discussed:
What is the Manhattanville School of Business? (0:08 into clip)
- What kind of student comes to Manhattanville's School of Business? (1:34 into clip)
- What kind of courses and career tracks can a student take? (2:42 into clip)
- What sets the Manhattanville School of Business apart? (5:16 into clip)
- What brought him to Manhattanville. (6:58 into clip)
- Challenges facing the School of Business. (8:50 into clip)
- Where will the School of Business be in 5-10 years? (11:34 into clip)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.