WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. — The deadline for Westchester County residents to register for Hurricane Sandy disaster assistance from FEMA is Monday, Jan. 28.
Federal assistance can include money for rental assistance, essential home repairs, personal property losses and other disaster-related needs that are not covered by family or individual insurance.
More than 5,500 residents had registered for disaster aid in Westchester County through Jan. 15.
FEMA has distributed more than $850 million in aid statewide and approved $1,314,038 in disaster relief to Westchester County residents.
After registering, applicants who receive letters from FEMA are encouraged to return documentation to become eligible for other assistance. Some will receive an SBA low-interest disaster loan application. It’s important to return the application because it may lead to additional FEMA assistance. Applicants are not required to accept loans.
Click here for online information.
- 1 Hochman Sisters' Funeral Arrangements, Services Announced
- 2 Harrison Community Sets Up Memorial Fund For Alissa, Deanna Hochman
- 3 Mourners Gather In Harrison, Seeking Solace After Hochman Shooting Deaths
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Hochman Sisters Of Harrison During Calling Hours
- 5 Bishop Asks Harrison To Recall Hochman Sisters' Goodness At Funeral