This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Harrison High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 2 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Harrison; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Police Release More Photos Of Gun-Toting Woman Who Robbed Greenwich Bank
- 5 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck