This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 2 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways