This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore