This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 4 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Harrison