This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Harrison Eighth Graders Shave Heads In Support Of Brother, Friend
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Harrison On Wednesday
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale