WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for Westchester County from Friday afternoon through Friday night, May 16.
A slow moving cold front will bring heavy rains to Westchester on Friday afternoon. Between one and two inches of rain are expected with localized amounts of up to three inches.
The heaviest rains are expected to coincide with high tide on Long Island Sound, which could exacerbate coastal flooding.
Residents are reminded to be mindful of the forecast and be prepared to take action should flooding occur.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Passenger Throws Heroin Out Of Car Window, Say Harrison Police
- 3 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers