IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
The former ABC-TV "Good Morning America" host said she decided to share the news publicly because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career. … I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden, who now lives in Greenwich, Conn., also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Harrison
- 5 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan