IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
The former ABC-TV "Good Morning America" host said she decided to share the news publicly because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career. … I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden, who now lives in Greenwich, Conn., also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Monitor Rejects Harrison's Affordable Housing Defense
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Harrison
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow