IRVINGTON, N.Y. -- Former Irvington resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer on her website on Tuesday.
The former ABC-TV "Good Morning America" host said she decided to share the news publicly because she had spent her life "sharing my joys and my disappointments with all of you: my pregnancies, my relationships, my career. … I have shared my journey. So it certainly didn’t feel right keeping this part of my journey a secret."
Lunden, who now lives in Greenwich, Conn., also said she has already begun chemotherapy and hopes to inspire others to be more aware of their health.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Harrison's Manhattanville Dance Concert Starts Nov. 20