HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison Detective Stephen Barone is suing the burglary suspect who was driving the getaway car when Barone was accidentally shot by a fellow cop, according to a LoHud report.
Barone is claiming in the lawsuit filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court that suspect Daniel DiBiase owed the detective "a duty not to create a condition wherein (Barone) could become injured," and "breached such duty," according to the LoHud report.
"We're essentially saying that Daniel DiBiase created the situation that put everyone at risk, said Barone's lawyer Mitchell Baker in the LoHud report.
- 1 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Businesses Support 'No Pay No Way' Campaign, Combat Wage Theft