HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison Detective Stephen Barone is suing the burglary suspect who was driving the getaway car when Barone was accidentally shot by a fellow cop, according to a LoHud report.
Barone is claiming in the lawsuit filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court that suspect Daniel DiBiase owed the detective "a duty not to create a condition wherein (Barone) could become injured," and "breached such duty," according to the LoHud report.
"We're essentially saying that Daniel DiBiase created the situation that put everyone at risk, said Barone's lawyer Mitchell Baker in the LoHud report.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Harrison On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Professor, 63, Charged With Public Lewdness By Harrison Police
- 4 Harrison Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim