HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison Detective Stephen Barone is suing the burglary suspect who was driving the getaway car when Barone was accidentally shot by a fellow cop, according to a LoHud report.
Barone is claiming in the lawsuit filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court that suspect Daniel DiBiase owed the detective "a duty not to create a condition wherein (Barone) could become injured," and "breached such duty," according to the LoHud report.
"We're essentially saying that Daniel DiBiase created the situation that put everyone at risk, said Barone's lawyer Mitchell Baker in the LoHud report.
- 1 Harrison Man Sues White Plains Bar In Fatal DWI Crash
- 2 Manhattanville Students Support Bruce Jenner's Sex Change
- 3 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says