HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison Detective Stephen Barone is suing the burglary suspect who was driving the getaway car when Barone was accidentally shot by a fellow cop, according to a LoHud report.
Barone is claiming in the lawsuit filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court that suspect Daniel DiBiase owed the detective "a duty not to create a condition wherein (Barone) could become injured," and "breached such duty," according to the LoHud report.
"We're essentially saying that Daniel DiBiase created the situation that put everyone at risk, said Barone's lawyer Mitchell Baker in the LoHud report.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency