HARRISON, N.Y. -- Harrison Detective Stephen Barone is suing the burglary suspect who was driving the getaway car when Barone was accidentally shot by a fellow cop, according to a LoHud report.
Barone is claiming in the lawsuit filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court that suspect Daniel DiBiase owed the detective "a duty not to create a condition wherein (Barone) could become injured," and "breached such duty," according to the LoHud report.
"We're essentially saying that Daniel DiBiase created the situation that put everyone at risk, said Barone's lawyer Mitchell Baker in the LoHud report.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Harrison
- 3 Three New Harrison Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 5 Mamaroneck Couple Donates $5M To Purchase College