HARRISON, N.Y. -- The New York Performing Arts Center's Harrison dance teams have earned top scores from recent competitions.
The NYPAC studio competed in Beyond The Stars on Feb. 8 in West Islip. The small Hip Hop team won the Shooting Star Award, the invitation to compete on the national level in Atlantic City, N.J., this summer. NYPAC’s dancers won in each of their categories: 1st and 2nd place in large groups 10-12 years; 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in solo dancers 10-12 years; 1st place in trio’s 10-12 years; 3rd place in trio’s 9-10 years: 2nd and 3rd place in large groups 10-12 years and 3rd place in large groups 13-15 years.
Executive Directors Carol Mustacato & Annamarie Mastroberardino said they were thrilled with the teams' performances.
“We are so proud of all our dancers," the pair said in a release. "Their performance was outstanding. It is our goal to develop a genuine respect for dance as an art form in each of our competition dance team members. With the right focus, the experience can be an excellent motivator for self conﬁdence. We considers participation in dance competitions to be a reﬂection on our studio’s solid reputation for quality, not simply in the way we train our students to dance, but on how we inﬂuence them as people. We teach and inspire them to do their best, not to win. But of course it is very rewarding for everyone when they do come out at the top.”
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud