HARRISON, N.Y. Harrison firefighters extinguished a shed fire this afternoon at 222 Union Ave. with the help of firefighters from Rye.
According to Harrison Assistant Fire Chief Will Nardozzi, a 15-foot by 15-foot shed, one and a half stories high, caught fire on the property at 2:25 p.m. Nardozzi said that the homeowner accidentally set the fire.
Nardozzi said that Harrison immediately called Rye for a ladder truck since theirs is in the shop for maintenance. Nardozzi said that the fire engulfed the entire structure and was blazing out of its roof but firefighters had the flames out in 15 minutes.
Harrison Police closed Union Avenue from Rolling Hills Lane to West Street for approximately one hour while firefighters worked on the scene. Union Avenue was reopened to all traffic around 3:30 p.m.
There were no immediate hazards to our firefighters and no one was hurt, Nardozzi said. This was an isolated incident.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.