Contact Us
Harrison Daily Voice serves Harrison, NY
Return to your home site


Harrison Daily Voice serves Harrison, NY

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Two Cops Exposed To Chemical Agent Responding To Suicide In Westchester

Harrison House Fire Dehydrates Town Firefighter

HARRISON, N.Y. – A firefighter who suffered dehydration battling a house fire Tuesday night was released from the hospital Wednesday morning.

The firefighter was taken to White Plains Hospital soon after responding to the fire at 57 Brown Place in Harrison, said Harrison Fire Chief Dino Del Signore. There were no other injuries.

The electrical fire began at around 11 p.m. most likely in a bedroom closet on the second floor, Del Signore said. The blaze burned holes in the roof and inside. When firefighters arrived there were flames coming out of the rear right-side windows of the home.

It took about a half an hour to get the fire under control, Del Signore said.

The house is vacant and on the market. It belongs to Harrison contractor John Ballas, who could not be reached for comment.

The home was damaged from the intense smoke and water used to fight the flames. Del Signore said the damage was contained to two to three rooms on the second level.

The Mamaroneck Fire Department also assisted in putting out the fire. The Harrison Police Department and Emergency Medical Services also responded to the blaze.

Did you see the flames? Tell us what you think of this story on Facebook and Twitter . E-mail town reporter Phil Corso at .

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Harrison Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Harrison Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.