HARRISON, N.Y. – The Harrison Public Library is looking for applicants to fill an open position on its Board of Trustees, according to a news release.
“We’re looking for persons who love libraries and who are willing to work to make ours the best it can be,” says Board President Maureen Skrilow in the release. “A trustee has many responsibilities but the rewards are great, too.”
She added in the release that “the nine-member board sets policy and direction for the library and oversees its operation through Library Director Galina Chernykh.” .
It is an unpaid volunteer position and the board meets once a month.
“Typical meetings include a review of the library’s finances, updates on programs and developments, and discussions of future events and policies,” said the release. “Both the downtown library and the West Harrison branch are governed by the Board of Trustees.”
An open position became available after a trustee moved out of Harrison, the release said. The term of the vacant seat ends in December of 2014. Full terms on the board are for five years.
All applicants must be Harrison, West Harrison or Purchase residents.
Applicants should email “a brief cover letter describing their interest in serving on the board” plus a resume to HarrisonNYlibrarytrustees@gmail.com. The application deadline is Dec. 31.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester