HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Public Library will close for renovations on Aug. 30 and reopen in June 2015.
The ambitious initiative aims to transform the library into a state-of-the-art facility that people of all ages will enjoy.
Among the renovations would be improvements to the community room, which include lighting, television studio equipment, a small stage and surround-sound speaker system to host musical performances, lectures, art exhibits and film screenings.
The West Harrison branch will be open extended hours to accommodate the closure. All Harrison items may be returned to the West Harrison branch or any other public library in Westchester.
Classes and activities will continue as library employees are continuing to work to find alternate locations.
For more information on the renovation, log on to harrisonpl.org/renovation
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Pedestrian Killed On Saw Mill Parkway Is ID'd