HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Public Library will close for renovations on Aug. 30 and reopen in June 2015.
The ambitious initiative aims to transform the library into a state-of-the-art facility that people of all ages will enjoy.
Among the renovations would be improvements to the community room, which include lighting, television studio equipment, a small stage and surround-sound speaker system to host musical performances, lectures, art exhibits and film screenings.
The West Harrison branch will be open extended hours to accommodate the closure. All Harrison items may be returned to the West Harrison branch or any other public library in Westchester.
Classes and activities will continue as library employees are continuing to work to find alternate locations.
For more information on the renovation, log on to harrisonpl.org/renovation
- 1 More Than 1,000 Attend Slain Sisters' Funeral In Harrison
- 2 Bishop Asks Harrison To Recall Hochman Sisters' Goodness At Funeral
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48