HARRISON, N.Y. -- The Harrison Youth Council recently appointed a new Family and Youth Counselor.
Lloydy Berrouet will join the council that is dedicated to reducing the use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs and other harmful substances by youth through prevention and counseling.
"Ms. Berrouet brings a wealth of experience to this position," representatives said. "She has been performing as a medical social worker at Visiting Nurse Service of New York, receiving their 'Above and Beyond Call of Duty Award' three times."
Berrouet has also acted as a social worker in various capacities at Kids First Evaluation and Advocacy Center and South Shore Child Guidance Center. In her new position, Berrouet will provide individual, family and group counseling and crises intervention, and deliver school and community-based programs and presentations, representatives said.
“The Council is pleased to welcome our newest staff member, who brings with her the ability to collaborate and interact with various groups, including school personnel and families facing issues in today’s society,” said Lori Wilson, President of the Harrison Youth Council.
Harrison Youth Council is located at 84 Calvert St. in Harrison.
- 1 Harrison Eighth Graders Shave Heads In Support Of Brother, Friend
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Harrison On Wednesday
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale