BUCHANAN, N.Y. -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently assigned a new resident inspector to the Indian Point Nuclear facility in Buchanan.
Garrett A. Newman has been the acting resident inspector at Indian Point as well as at Susquehanna in Pennsylvania.
“Garrett Newman has the experience, training and commitment to safety that is needed for the NRC to carry out its mission of protecting people and the environment," NRC Region I Administrator Bill Dean said in a statement. "Together with Senior Resident Inspector Scott Stewart and Resident Inspector Ami Patel, he will help ensure the safe operations of the Indian Point units."
Most recently, Newman was a risk and reliability analyst in the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation at NRC headquarters. Prior to that, he was a vendor inspector in the Division of Construction Inspection and Operational Programs in the NRC Office of New Reactors.
- 1 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 Harrison Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday