This story has been updated.
YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 50-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene of a head-on crash in Yonkers that occurred around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to multiple reports.
The man has been identified as John Nethercott of Port Chester and was driving a 1995 Honda, according to LoHud.com.
The crash occurred on Route 9A south of Odell Avenue when Nethercott crossed over into the southbound lane, hitting a BMW driven by a 26-year-old woman from Florida, according to the report.
- 1 Harrison High Grads 'Are Braver Than You Believe, Smarter Than You Think'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd