WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Harrison Luncheonette Owner Credits Loyal Customers As Key To Success
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect