WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud