WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Passenger Throws Heroin Out Of Car Window, Say Harrison Police
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 4 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 5 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers