WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 2 D'Agostino Closes Its Last Supermarket In Westchester
- 3 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 4 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 5 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd