HARRISON, N.Y. -- A plane landed safely after apparently hitting a balloon during its arrival at the Westchester County Airport on Tuesday morning.
The 38-passenger US Airways flight was arriving from Philadelphia when the pilot felt something hit the left wing, according to county spokesperson Britta Vander Linden. Upon landing, the pilot alerted authorities, believing that the plane may have hit a bird. Officials inspected the plane and found no bird remains, and believe that the plane may have simply hit a party balloon, Linden said.
There was no damage to the aircraft, and the incident did not cause any delays in service at the airport.
- 1 IRS Warns Harrison Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Harrison Senior Gets His Wish And More: School Lunch Break With The Mayor
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 Harrison's Manhattanville Dance Concert Starts Nov. 20