HARRISON, N.Y. -- A plane landed safely after apparently hitting a balloon during its arrival at the Westchester County Airport on Tuesday morning.
The 38-passenger US Airways flight was arriving from Philadelphia when the pilot felt something hit the left wing, according to county spokesperson Britta Vander Linden. Upon landing, the pilot alerted authorities, believing that the plane may have hit a bird. Officials inspected the plane and found no bird remains, and believe that the plane may have simply hit a party balloon, Linden said.
There was no damage to the aircraft, and the incident did not cause any delays in service at the airport.
- 1 Harrison 10U Little League Wins District 20 Championship
- 2 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Westchester Estate