HARRISON, N.Y. -- A plane landed safely after apparently hitting a balloon during its arrival at the Westchester County Airport on Tuesday morning.
The 38-passenger US Airways flight was arriving from Philadelphia when the pilot felt something hit the left wing, according to county spokesperson Britta Vander Linden. Upon landing, the pilot alerted authorities, believing that the plane may have hit a bird. Officials inspected the plane and found no bird remains, and believe that the plane may have simply hit a party balloon, Linden said.
There was no damage to the aircraft, and the incident did not cause any delays in service at the airport.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale
- 4 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 5 Harrison Youth Council Honors Family Counselor Sabina Perez