WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Facebook page has been created in hopes of getting the Westchester County Center renamed for former County Executive Andrew P. O'Rourke.
O'Rourke died Jan. 3 at the age of 79. He was appointed county executive in 1983 and was elected to full terms in 1985, 1989 and 1993. As county executive, he pushed through a multimillion-dollar project to rebuild the Westchester County Center.
The "Name the Westchester County Center for Andrew P. O'Rourke" page was created Jan. 11.
- 1 Harrison Residents Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Quenas In Harrison Reviewed By The New York Times
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed