WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Facebook page has been created in hopes of getting the Westchester County Center renamed for former County Executive Andrew P. O'Rourke.
O'Rourke died Jan. 3 at the age of 79. He was appointed county executive in 1983 and was elected to full terms in 1985, 1989 and 1993. As county executive, he pushed through a multimillion-dollar project to rebuild the Westchester County Center.
The "Name the Westchester County Center for Andrew P. O'Rourke" page was created Jan. 11.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Bar Scuffle Puts Harrison Police, Town Board At Odds
- 5 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend