WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Facebook page has been created in hopes of getting the Westchester County Center renamed for former County Executive Andrew P. O'Rourke.
O'Rourke died Jan. 3 at the age of 79. He was appointed county executive in 1983 and was elected to full terms in 1985, 1989 and 1993. As county executive, he pushed through a multimillion-dollar project to rebuild the Westchester County Center.
The "Name the Westchester County Center for Andrew P. O'Rourke" page was created Jan. 11.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency
- 5 Storm System Departs Harrison, Snow Could Return Thursday