POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Noted actor and Pound Ridge resident Eli Wallach died on Tuesday, June 24, in Manhattan, according to The New York Times. He was 98.
Wallach starred in many films, including: "The Magnificent Seven," "The Godfather: Part III" and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly," The Times said.
Though he was never nominated for an Oscar, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences bestowed an honorary Oscar upon Wallach in 2010, The Times Reported.
Wallach is survived by his wife, Anne Jackson; daughters, Katherine and Roberta Wallach; his son, Peter Wallach; sister, Shirley Auerbach; and three grandchildren, according to The Times.
- 1 Harrison High Grads 'Are Braver Than You Believe, Smarter Than You Think'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway