POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Noted actor and Pound Ridge resident Eli Wallach died on Tuesday, June 24, in Manhattan, according to The New York Times. He was 98.
Wallach starred in many films, including: "The Magnificent Seven," "The Godfather: Part III" and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly," The Times said.
Though he was never nominated for an Oscar, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences bestowed an honorary Oscar upon Wallach in 2010, The Times Reported.
Wallach is survived by his wife, Anne Jackson; daughters, Katherine and Roberta Wallach; his son, Peter Wallach; sister, Shirley Auerbach; and three grandchildren, according to The Times.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Harrison Woman Walks In Memory Of Son Who Died Of Cancer
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Harrison's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Healthcare Has An Exciting Future In Westchester, Montefiore CEO Says