POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Noted actor and Pound Ridge resident Eli Wallach died on Tuesday, June 24, in Manhattan, according to The New York Times. He was 98.
Wallach starred in many films, including: "The Magnificent Seven," "The Godfather: Part III" and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly," The Times said.
Though he was never nominated for an Oscar, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences bestowed an honorary Oscar upon Wallach in 2010, The Times Reported.
Wallach is survived by his wife, Anne Jackson; daughters, Katherine and Roberta Wallach; his son, Peter Wallach; sister, Shirley Auerbach; and three grandchildren, according to The Times.
- 1 Harrison Man Sues White Plains Bar In Fatal DWI Crash
- 2 Manhattanville Students Support Bruce Jenner's Sex Change
- 3 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says