PURCHASE, N.Y. -- The future of the Purchase Library could be in jeopardy due to security issues at the present location, according to LoHud.com.
The library has been at its location on Purchase Street for 86 years, but the library's landlord, The Purchase House, after several incidents, has called the security of the location into question, LoHud.com reported.
Twice in the last year, suspicious parties were seen in the parking lot and refused to leave upon request. Since the library is a public entity, it cannot refuse entry to anyone, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Professor, 63, Charged With Public Lewdness By Harrison Police
- 2 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 3 Harrison Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim