PURCHASE, N.Y. -- The future of the Purchase Library could be in jeopardy due to security issues at the present location, according to LoHud.com.
The library has been at its location on Purchase Street for 86 years, but the library's landlord, The Purchase House, after several incidents, has called the security of the location into question, LoHud.com reported.
Twice in the last year, suspicious parties were seen in the parking lot and refused to leave upon request. Since the library is a public entity, it cannot refuse entry to anyone, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Businesses Support 'No Pay No Way' Campaign, Combat Wage Theft