LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Three firefighters were treated and released from the hospital for smoke inhalation after responding to a house fire on Winding Brook Drive Tuesday afternoon, said Town of Mamaroneck fire chief Brendan Collins.
The Weaver Street firehouse received the emergency call around 4 p.m. and responded to the single-family home, which had heavy flames coming through the master bedroom windows.
The fire was contained within 15 minutes, Collins said.
At the time of the fire, the homeowner was asleep. He awoke to flames, which Collins said were caused by an electrical fire.
The master bedroom and adjacent hallway suffered extensive fire damage, in addition to serious water damage throughout the home, which is now uninhabitable.
In all, 60 firefighters responded to the call, representing both the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont, the City of New Rochelle and the Town of Harrison fire departments. Harrison firefighters responded to the Weaver Street Firehouse to provide stand-by support while all of the town's personnel were out on the call. During that time, they responded to two other calls, which were false alarms.
Follow us on Facebook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.