WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County general employees and county police are the highest-paid local government employees in the state outside New York City, according to a recent report released by the Empire Center for Public Policy.
The study revealed that general, or nonpolice, employees in Westchester average $76,652 in annual salary while county police in Westchester average $184,865.
The highest-paid employee in Westchester County was police officer Wayne Mullaney, who made $319,628 between April 2013 and March 2014, the report said.
The highest-paid local government employee was Charles E. Ewald, a jail warden who was paid $414,527 by Suffolk County.
In all, 1,803 local government employees cleared more money between than Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who made $179,000, according to the report.
- 1 Harrison Residents Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Quenas In Harrison Reviewed By The New York Times
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed