HARRISON, N.Y. – Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Harrison this week:
- Medical professionals and elected officials celebrated the groundbreaking of WESTMED Medical Group's new 85,000 square foot medical office building in Harrison with a ceremony. The building is located in the Harrison Executive Medical Park on Westchester Avenue.
- Harrison High School seniors were named to the National Merit Scholarship program. Jenna Lefkowitz and Liliane Lindsay are semifinalists.
- Virginia Fusco has been named the recipient of this year’s Harrison Citizen of the Year award. She has served for 40 years with the Harrison Senior Citizen Center, assisting with bingo, luncheons and trips, among other various duties.
- A woman was found dead after gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street in Tarrytown. The woman was identified as Karen Brown, 45, of Tarrytown. Police do not suspect any foul play and are still investigating.
- 1 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 2 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison
- 5 Harrison Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday