HARRISON, N.Y. The beginning of spring sports, concerts and a Jeopardy Night highlight this weeks events in Harrison. Heres a list of whats happening:
Monday, March 26
- Modified Spring Sports Begin : Students at Louis M. Klein Middle School will begin their spring seasons.
- Academic help : 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The Harrison Public Library will have tutors available for academic help for students needing help in with their school work, 2 Bruce Ave., Harrison.
Tuesday, March 27
- Midnight Run : 8 p.m. Manhattanville College will hold a Midnight Run to New York City. The program distributes food, clothing, blankets and personal care items to homeless people. For more information visit www.midnightrun.org .
- Marching Band Honors Veterans: The Harrison High School Marching Band will put flags on the front lawn of the building to honor veterans before their trip to Pearl Harbor in December. For more information call 630-3095, 50 Union Ave., Harrison.
Wednesday, March 28
- Debut Concert : 9:30 a.m. Students who are learning a musical instrument will perform their first concert at Harrison Avenue School, 50 Union Ave., Harrison.
- Brown Bag Cinema : 12:30 p.m. The Harrison Public Library presents Brown Bag Cinema. The movie shown will be the 2011 drama Hugo, 2 Bruce Ave., Harrison.
- Engineering Fundamentals With LEGOS : 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The class is for kids in grades K-2, begins at the Solazzo Center. The program runs until May 23 with the exception to April 4 where there will be no class. The class fee is $160 payable to the Town/Village of Harrison. Class is limited to 16 students. For more information call 914-670-3179, 270 Harrison Ave., Harrison.
- International Night : 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Louis M. Klein Middle School will hold International Night at Harrison High School, 255 Union Ave., Harrison.
- Faculty Lecture : 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Manhattanville College Professor Patrick Reading will give a lecture titled Democracy as a Way of Life from Whitman to Dewey. The event is from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Manhattanville Library. For more information call 914-323-5275, 2900 Purchase St., Purchase.
Thursday, March 29
- School Play : 9:30 am. Harrison Avenue School second-graders will perform in a play, 50 Union Ave., Harrison
- Diabetes Talk : 1 p.m. Ann Rupp, RN, of White Plains Hospital will give a talk about diabetes at the Harrison Public Library, 2 Bruce Ave., Harrison.
- Jeopardy Night : 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. Harrison Avenue School will hold Jeopardy Night for students in grades three, four and five, 50 Union Ave.
- Big Band Concert : 8 p.m. The SpokFrevo Orquestra will play the PepsiCo Theater at the SUNY Purchase Performing Arts Center. For tickets visit www.artscenter.org , 735 Anderson Hill Rd., Purchase.
Friday, March 30
- Music Competition : 4 to 6 p.m. The Manhattanville College music department will host the Arlene Kaplan competition. The event is at Pius X Hall. For more information call 914-323-5260, 2900 Purchase St., Purchase.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.