HARRISON, N.Y. - The kick-off for Youth Arts Month and Little League baseball and softball tryouts highlight this weekends activities in Harrison. Here's a list of events:
- Children will have a chance to read to a dog at the Harrison Public Library. The event begins at 10:30 a.m. and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Admission is free.
- Residents will have a chance to learn Japanese at the Harrison Public Library. Harrison resident Naoko Shino will be teaching both Japanese language and Japanese culture. The class runs from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Admission is free.
- The HappyFit Multi-Sport Fitness and Fun Spring League begins for kindergartners. Children will play sports such as soccer, basketball and kickball. The program will take place at the Sollazzo Center and run every Saturday through April 14 with the exception of April 7. The fee for the program is $138. Checks can be made payable to HappyFit. For more information call 914-401-1771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Harrison Little League baseball and softball evaluations begin at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and run until Sunday at Harrison High School. The organization will also be collecting used baseball equipment to donate to underprivileged youth. For more information, check out the organization's website .
- The 32nd Youth Arts Month will kick-off at 1 p.m. at the Municipal Building and run until 3 p.m. At 2 p.m. live entertainment will take place at the Harrison Public Library. The artwork will remain on display until March 30.
- Manhattanville College will hold a Dance and Theater Shakespeare Play, which begins at 2 p.m. and ends at 5 p.m. The event will take place in the Little Theater of Brownson Hall. For more information call 914-323-5458 or email email@example.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.