HARRISON, N.Y. - Custodial staff members throughout the Harrison Central School District were hard at work Monday in preparation for the upcoming school year. Select teachers were also inside their classrooms decorating rooms as a new cluster of kids waits to return to school.
Schools open for classes on Sept. 6.
Computers, books, easels, and other classroom items were flooding the halls of Harrison Avenue Elementary School on Monday as members of the staff were painting and cleaning classrooms and hallways. Wet paint signs were scattered around the building to signify the fresh school year ahead.
Several other events are scheduled to begin this week to move the upcoming school year into motion.
- Monday, Aug. 22: All varsity and junior varsity sports are in session and band camp begins at Passidomo Park from noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 23: Grades seven and eight have orientation at Louis M. Klein Middle School from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and band camp continues at Passidomo Park from noon to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 24: Grade six has a browse and brunch event at LMK from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and band camp has a long day at Passidomo Park from noon to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 25: Band camp has another long day at Passidomo Park from noon to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 26: Students have their last chance to register for the ACT exams as Friday is the late deadline and band camp wraps up at Passidomo Park from noon to 3:30 p.m.
E-mail town reporter Phil Corso at PCorso@TheDailyHarrison.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.