WEST HARRISON, N.Y. - Daniel Lagano of West Harrison and San Francisco, Calif., died Feb. 8. He was 58.
Lagano was born Jan. 16, 1956, in White Plains. He graduated from F.D. Roosevelt High School in Hyde Park. He received his Bachelor Degree in Sociology from Siena College and his master's degree from San Francisco State University. He had a career in the nursing home industry as an assistant administrator and director of social services. In the early 90's he was a speaker at the National Update AIDs Conference held in San Francisco HIV/Aids and was in the forefront of advocating for the emerging need for more HIV aids units for the incarnated.
Lagano is survived by his father, Santo (Sam); brother, Stephen (Laura); nieces and nephew; and former wife, Constance Cole. He was predeceased by his mother, Antoinette.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at the Ballard-Durand Funeral Home, 2 Maple Ave., at South Broadway, White Plains. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at St. Anthony of Padua Church in West Harrison. Entombment will be in the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Harrison