WEST HARRISON, N.Y. - Daniel Lagano of West Harrison and San Francisco, Calif., died Feb. 8. He was 58.
Lagano was born Jan. 16, 1956, in White Plains. He graduated from F.D. Roosevelt High School in Hyde Park. He received his Bachelor Degree in Sociology from Siena College and his master's degree from San Francisco State University. He had a career in the nursing home industry as an assistant administrator and director of social services. In the early 90's he was a speaker at the National Update AIDs Conference held in San Francisco HIV/Aids and was in the forefront of advocating for the emerging need for more HIV aids units for the incarnated.
Lagano is survived by his father, Santo (Sam); brother, Stephen (Laura); nieces and nephew; and former wife, Constance Cole. He was predeceased by his mother, Antoinette.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at the Ballard-Durand Funeral Home, 2 Maple Ave., at South Broadway, White Plains. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at St. Anthony of Padua Church in West Harrison. Entombment will be in the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 4 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 5 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Harrison