WEST HARRISON, N.Y. - Frances Arturi, a longtime resident of West Harrison, died Jan. 21. She was 86.
Arturi was born March 13, 1927, in Marcellinara, Italy, to Gennaro and Anna Rotella. She was a longtime parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua Church in West Harrison.
Arturi is survived by her children, Rosa Ziemer of Harrison and Robert (Joann) Arturi of West Harrison; sisters, Angelina Chiarella of West Harrison, Tessina Scarfone of Hasbrouck Heights, N.J., Geraldine Guillaro of West Harrison and Julia Arturi of West Harrison; four grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and daughter-in-law, Jeanne Arturi. She was predeceased by her husband, Frank Arturi; son, Frank Saverio (Sam) Arturi; sister, Maria Pugliese; step brothers, Anthony and Nicholas Rotella; and nephew, Gennaro Arturi.
Calling hours are Sunday, Jan. 26 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27 at Saint Anthony of Padua Church, 85 Harrison St., West Harrison. Interment at Mount Calvary Cemetery, 575 Hillside Ave., White Plains.
- 1 Harrison High Grads 'Are Braver Than You Believe, Smarter Than You Think'
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway