WEST HARRISON, N.Y. - Romano Ray Berardi, a resident of West Harrison, died Aug. 24. He was 82.
Berardi was born Aug. 7, 1931, in Yonkers, to Alfred and Elizabeth (Vassari) Berardi. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War as a sergeant with commendations of three Bronze Service Stars and a Presidential Unit Citation. After the war he returned home and became a Bank Officer for Irving Trust Co in New York City for 17 years before becoming a postal worker in the Scarsdale Post Office for 15 years, until his retirement in 1996. He was a lifelong member of The A.A. Rauso Post #40 AMVETS in Yonkers.
Berardi is survived by his wife, Marie Saccone of West Harrison; daughter, Tami Piacente; a granddaughter; and sisters, Lucille Petti of Bronxville and Florence Torreggiani of Coconut Creek Florida.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 26 from 3 to 9 p.m. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St Anthony of Padua Church, 62 Columbus Ave., West Harrison. Interment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to St Jude Children Hospital, Memphis Tenn.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam