WEST HARRISON, N.Y. - Vera Blake of West Harrison died May 14. She was 99.
Blake was born Sept. 3, 1914, in New York City, she was the daughter of Irene Haggerty and James Williamson. She attended parochial schools in New York City. Before retiring she was a manager at Schrafft's Restaurant. She later volunteered at St. Agnes Hospital and White Plains Hospital. She was a resident of West Harrison for over 43 years and was a parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua Church.
Blake is survived by her daughter, Barbara Blake Kerrick of West Harrison; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Matthew Blake; and siblings, Frank and John Williamson and Jane Lawlor.
Calling hours are Sunday, May 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 9:30 a.m. Monday, May 19 with Fr. Christopher Monturo officiating at Saint Anthony of Padua Church, 85 Harrison St., West Harrison. Interment at St. Mary's Cemetery, 1 High St., Rye Brook.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Hochman Sisters' Funeral Arrangements, Services Announced
- 3 Harrison Community Sets Up Memorial Fund For Alissa, Deanna Hochman
- 4 Community Stunned, Saddened By Murder-Suicide Tragedy In Harrison
- 5 Mourners Gather In Harrison, Seeking Solace After Hochman Shooting Deaths