WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 2 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Brothers Sentenced In Robbery Spree That Included Harrison
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Harrison