WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Harrison Luncheonette Owner Credits Loyal Customers As Key To Success
- 2 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans