WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Shooting Death Of Harrison Resident Tops Week's News
- 3 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 4 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 5 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus