YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 Harrison Man Sues White Plains Bar In Fatal DWI Crash
- 2 Manhattanville Students Support Bruce Jenner's Sex Change
- 3 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says