YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Harrison On Wednesday
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Memorial Sloan Kettering In West Harrison Holds Jewelry, Accessories Sale