YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 West Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Harrison; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Harrison, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Harrison Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency