YONKERS, N.Y. -- A Yonkers family dog that was mauled by a pit bull on Tuesday, April 15 died on Thursday, April 17, according to a LoHud report.
The dog, a 6-year-old Lhasa apso named Lulu, was taken to a Yonkers animal hospital after sustaining broken ribs and punctured organs, according to previous reports. Police were called to the scene and released the pit bull to its owner, Denise Cafagna, according to the report.
Lulu underwent surgery after the pit bull attack but suffered liver failure, according to the LoHud report.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 5 Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel To Indiana