NORTH WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Multiple agencies responded to a North White Plains home on Tuesday afternoon after a bathroom outlet started a small fire that led to smoke billowing from an attic.
Officials confirmed that at approximately 2 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, first responders from the North White Plains Fire Company, Valhalla Fire Department and West Harrison Fire Department were dispatched to a Custis Avenue home in North White Plains following multiple reports of smoke billowing from the property.
According to officials, upon arrival, there was “a heavy smoke coming from the attic space of the house,” stemming from a fire that started in a second floor bathroom and spread through a vent into the attic.
The fire was swiftly knocked down by firefighters, who remained on scene as a precaution in case of flare-ups. There were no injuries immediately reported.